Should I Upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016?
As a Microsoft Dynamics GP end user, you have a choice regarding when and how you wish to move to new releases as they are announced. With the recent release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R2, Microsoft has introduced a number of new features and capabilities that should be evaluated. Below are some of the compelling reasons many of our clients have already made the decision to move to GP 2016 R2.
Simplicity and Ease of Use
Whether in the office, at home or on the road, users now have multiple options for accessing the application and their data. The refreshed web client now includes support for multiple devices and browsers including:
- When using the scan function that’s part of the Document Attachment feature, you can now scan multiple pages if you’re using a document feeder.
- Distribution lines on most transaction entry screens will now remain “open” based on the user’s preference.
Streamline Business Processes with Added Capabilities
WorkFlow functionality in several areas of the product now allow you to quickly review/approve/reject timesheets, expense reports, Purchase Orders, Purchase Request, Journal Entries and so much more. Emails can be customized to include all the detail needed to quickly approve.
SmartList Designer allows users greater flexibility and the ability to develop their own GP data views.
Empower Users with Accessibility
All-in-One document views are now available for Inventory, Purchasing and Sales. These views put more of the critical information users need when analyzing information into a single window.
Improvements to Document Attachment functionality including Employee Expense Reporting allows attachments to flow into the payables transaction. Similar functionality exists for Customers and Sales Documents.
Previously, users would occasionally receive the message “Batch Being Edited by Another User” but had no idea who the user was. The message now includes the user name.
Need all the details on “What’s New” in GP? Follow the link to view the What’s New in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R2 White Paper.
Why Business Ready Solutions to upgrade to Dynamics GP 2016 R2?
- Expertise - unique combination of business expertise and technical software knowledge; deep knowledge of critical business processes across industries;
- Proven partner - many client examples across industries; over 100 software implementations
- Pragmatic approach - rapid implementation methodology; focus on delivering ROI
- Quality services that deliver peace of mind - responsive, 24 hour support; natural extension of your team.